PurposeAccounts in Online PTO are used to identify users and control access to resources within the Online PTO application (e.g. people, groups, ledgers, etc.).
- An unique account name; this is usually an email address, but can be an administrator-created name for users without email addresses. The exact format for non-email account names is up to the administrator, but might be something like "first_name.last_name@here". The "@here" part is recommended in order to make it easier to locate non-email account names in the account list.
- A password and/or a temporary password; these are compared with the password entered by the user at login to verify the user's identity.
- A description; this is usually the real name(s) of the person or people who use the account.
- An administrator level which determines some automatically granted privileges and which other accounts they can modify. (An account cannot modify an account with an administrator level higher than its own.)
- Customizable settings for such things as date, time, and email format.
Default AccountsThe directory import process can create default accounts for people or groups that do not have an associated account or accounts. As of Online PTO version 2.1, the default accounts are of the form p-id@here for people and g-id@here for groups.