Directory Import SettingsDirectory import settings allow you to control whether all or only part of a uploaded directory data will be imported, and what information should be linked together. The current directory import settings can be viewed from the Directory Import > Current Settings page.
Be sure to use "Save Changes" before selecting "Reapply Upload Settings" if you have made settings changes.
Import ModeImport modes are associated with field groups and control which field groups and fields within them, if any, will actually be imported into the database. They are as follows:
- Skip: All fields in the associated field groups will skipped (ignored) during the import.
- New: Fields in associated field groups will only be imported when there are no corresponding records in the database. Existing database records are completely unaffected.
- Fill: "Fill" is like "New", except that non-empty fields in the import will also be used to fill empty fields of corresponding records in the database, when present. (In some cases, such as address lines 1 and 2, several fields may be treated as a single unit. Only if both are empty in the database will they be filled from the import.)
- Update: All fields in associated field groups will be imported. Existing values for matching records in the database will be discarded in favor of the import values (even if the import values are empty and the database values are not). Database records without a corresponding import record are unaffected.
Publishing ModePublishing modes determine the initial "publish" setting for certain types of newly added records (e.g. people, groups, families, etc).
- No: New records will initially not be published either online or in print.
- Print: New records will initially be published in print but not online.
- Online: New records will initially be published online but not in print.
- Both: New records will initially be published both online and in print.
LinkingDatabase records for people may have an associated login account. Database records for groups may have associated accounts and/or members (people).
If you are importing multiple types of field groups (accounts, people, groups) in a single import, you can select the desired "link" options to associate them during the import process instead of manually linking them later.
Database records for people include a field for an email address. You can also choose to have a corresponding account record created and linked to the person during the import.