How To Get Started
OverviewTo log in to Online PTO, you need an account. Some organizations create accounts based on other existing sources of information (e.g. a school or district database or a spreadsheet). For others, you will need to request an account through the self-registration process?.
If self-registration is currently enabled for your organization, the login page for your school or district will include a box to enter a registration code and a "Begin Registration" button under the title "No account yet? Register your family here."
For more information about obtaining a new account through self-registration, see Family Self-Registration?.
The following sections explain how to obtain a password and how to log in once you have an account on the system.
Please note that you must use the correct account name (which is usually your email address, if you have one). If you self-registered, you must use the same email address you entered during self-registration as the account name unless you have been instructed otherwise. If you did not self-register, you must use the email address(es) on record with your PTA/PTO or school/district.
If you are not sure which address to use, or if you do not have an email address, please contact your PTA/PTO or school/district.
Obtaining A PasswordPlease use this procedure when you have an existing account on Online PTO (either through a completed and confirmed self-registration or through prior assignment) and need to obtain your first password or replace a forgotten password.
1. At the login page for your school or district, enter the words from the reCAPTCHA image into the reCAPTCHA text entry field. Pressing "Enter" here will take you to the account email entry field for logging in (which is a handy shortcut later, but not where you need to go next to request a temporary password).
2. Enter your account email address into the Email Address field under "First-time user? Forgot your password? Request a new password here." and either press the Enter key or click on "Email Me A Password".
Each request for a new temporary password will invalidate any previous temporary passwords; if you request multiple new temporary passwords, only the most recently sent password will work.
3. If you do not receive a temporary password in your email inbox shortly, please check your spam folder as it may have been mis-identified as spam.
4. Enter your email address and temporary password in the form above the "Login" button. You can log in either by pressing the Enter key or by clicking on the Login button.
5. When prompted to change your password, choose a new password and enter it twice. Change the password by pressing the Enter key or clicking on "Set Your Password".
Returning Users1. At the login page for your school or district, enter the words from the reCAPTCHA image into the reCAPTCHA text entry field. Press the "Enter" key or click on the Email Address entry box under "Returning Online PTO users login here."
2. Enter your account email address into the Email Address field and your password into the Password field below "Returing Online PTO users login here."
3. Press the "Enter" key or click on the "Login" button.
NotesThe reCAPTCHA text is case-insensitive, and you should not enter any punctuation except for a space between words.
If you cannot read the words in the reCAPTCHA, refresh the image using either the Reload Challenge button (at the top of three next to the reCAPTCHA text input) or your browser's reload button until you get a satisfactory one. You can also switch between audio and visual challenges using the middle icon.